BISA’s Working Group on Historical Sociology and International Relations (IR) was established in 2004 with two main aims:
- establishing, consolidating and promoting the use of historical sociology within IR;
- generating more awareness within sociology, in both its comparative and historical variants, of the work of historical sociologists who are located primarily within IR.
To these ends, we:
- run workshops and seminars;
- organize meetings at relevant conferences, including BISA and ISA;
- publish a list of researchers working in the field;
- host a range of resources for researchers working in the field;
- send out regular email updates about our activities.
This site is intended as an online hub which can act as a focal point for researchers working in the field, providing information about publications, relevant conferences, funding opportunities and the like.
The group has three convenors: Bryan Mabee at Queen Mary, University of London, Kamran Matin and Yavuz Tuyloglu from the University of Sussex. We already have a network which includes research students and established scholars. If you want to join the group, suggest papers for future conferences or get involved in any other way, please get in touch.